Sunday, December 28, 2008

"It's my personality to be jittery. It's part of my charm"

Hey gang,

So I haven't written a blog entry in a while. It's because I've been doing this awesome thing called work. Which, for me, ironically, involves reading lots of blog entries.

On a whole, reading marketing blogs is basically like reading cereal boxes while you're eating cereal. Except you don't get the benefit of cereal, so instead of bullshit promises for something you'll get later for giving them your money today (Mail-order secret decoder rings and Pay-to-Join "Monetize your Bloggging" webinars are different heads of the same hydra)AND a sugar high, you get, sorry for you, just the former.

So I read all the previous blog entries on this site. And I realized that the most important contribution I've made to the well-being of anyone stumbling across this (stumbling across not upon)is that I've exposed them for the first time to the greatness that is Macho Man Randy Savage promos.

Listen to it. He spoke like that all the time. And most important, he had absolutely nothing to say. It's professional wrestling buffoonery at it's best. It could be said to be, you know, a metaphor for our times. Why must a man pretend to be that which he is not to elicit a reaction from his peers? Would he not rather that they react to his soul than his sequins.

Hell naw.

Besides, Lex Luger pissed him off, and boy is he going to get it. I mean, he's 1,000,000%. That's a pretty high percent.



(For the benefit of facebookers, check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EK-Mr6KbB8

Also, everyone should be aware that I'm breaking a pretty serious marketing taboo because I'm posting links and videos and stuff for free, just because I, you know, feel like it. That's a serious no-no. I could be kicked off Digg for this. Or you know, forced to post ON Digg, which is immeasurably worse. ;-)*

*The smiley makes it ALL ok.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Woo Randy Savage. So weird to watch him now that I'm older...

Unknown said...

Also, I love the fact that he has 3 foot pink tassles and has Macho Man emblazoned on his pink sequined jacket.